The work of Informing Choices NI is based on a pro-choice ethos.
- Clients have the right to acknowledge all of their experiences of pregnancy and to have those experiences valued.
- Counselling and support should be non-directive and respect the client’s own value system.
- Individuals have the right to access accurate information about pregnancy and abortion.
- Women and pregnant people have the right to have an abortion.
- Abortion is a health care issue.
- Those who choose abortion have a right to acknowledge loss and grief.
“I found this useful in voicing thoughts I had not previously spoken about.”
“Helpful, supportive and kind, before, during and after.”
“Extremely important for me as I felt like I did not have anyone else to talk to. They made me feel normal, provided me with good support and compassion and the correct information.”
“Great support and the counsellor was simply my rock.”
“The staff were both helpful and friendly and made me feel like I wasn’t being judged. Thank you.”
For more information about our counselling, information, and support services please visit our Pregnancy Choices Counselling and Post Pregnancy Counselling pages.